Please complete the form below to sign up for the 2018-2019 season! Draft will be online September 5, 8 pm.
Check rule changes below and make comments via e mail.
September 5, 2018 – DRAFT – 8 PM Come Join us at the FLC (Talk about waiting until the last minute!)
January 17, 2018 – Fantasy Football Fellowship (Super Bowl Champ picks the place)
THERE ARE RULE CHANGES THAT WILL BE IN EFFECT THIS YEAR.
1) This year we will use an AUCTION draft. Please familiarize yourself with the difference from the snake draft. In an auction, each GM will have $200 to staff their team. There are pros and cons to this, but ultimately it is a more balanced and fair way of drafting…especially with 16 people in a league. If you want Aaron Rogers, Ezekiel Elliot and Julio Jones, you can get them! Do a mock draft (at least a round or two) on ESPN so you can at least be familiar with the differences.
2) Free Agency will also be based on your budget. Whoever places the highest bid will earn the FA.
3) Decimal Scoring will be used.
4) 13 Week Season with 3 Playoff Weeks
5) 4 Divisions. Each team will play division foes twice. Division Champs advance and 2 wild card teams. Top Record in each division will have a bye week. The rest will play seeded matchup. Top seed remaining will play lowest seed remaining.
6) Vote on Kicker or no Kicker. If we play with kickers, short field goals will be penalized more than long field goals.
7) Offensive bonuses will be awarded for 100+ yard games and 200+ yard games (For WR/TE/RB) and 300+ and 400+ yard games (QB)
8) QB scoring will be 1 point per 25 passing yards
9) There will be no defensive players on our teams this year
10) Starters will be QB, RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX (RB, WR, TE), K, Def. There will be no position limits, however, you only have 3 Bench Players.
Please send concerns with any of these rules to firstname.lastname@example.org. These rules will be finalized one week before the draft.
Last Year's Updates
Fantasy Football Champ 2017
Preacher's Punishers managed to lay the ultimate egg as Team Garcia limped into the Super Bowl with three of his best players resting or injured. But we do not play to be merciful here. Even with five offensive players in single digits (yes that was a double entendre), Team Garcia's defense and S. Diggs helped Matty ice the Preachers, who just couldn't reach down to dole out any more punishment.
If you're looking for the standings for the rest of the league or some mention of your team name here, you'll have to look elsewhere. We only play for first here! Those of you who gummed up the waiver wire by playing past your ousting from the playoffs, I would like to share a quote from the Karate Kid Part II, "Second Place is no place!" We play to win here and Rene Garcia, you are the champ. You join a short list of champions before you (I said a short list, not short champions), but it is a list that seems to be lost in storage of a certain music minister's trunk. Since the church made budget last year, we might be able to dust off that plaque and have it updated from the last few years! Stay tuned for the Fantasy Football dinner honoring our newest champ!
Previous Updates...From December
The King is dead. The reign of David Mata has come to a close as the fantasy football playoffs have begun without him! It looks like the 3rd and 4th seeds in each division are going to upset the top two seeds as Cam Newton Shaked N Baked over the heavily favored Team Arthritis, who I believe struggled to get out of bed this morning. In the battle of least creative names, Team Garcia finally ended Team Obregon's "got just the right matchup each week" lackluster season. The early season favorite Road Runner finally Kareem Hunted down some points and should take down Team MATT if P. Murray can kick a few through the uprights tonight - and not miss too many! Finally, in the battle of two Goliaths, Preacher's Punishers should pick up a Marquis Good-win over Macho Camacho if K. Neal can tackle more than air and M. Sanu can have more catches than fumbles. Too bad Camacho...Macho's Gurley man performance was enough to take down every other team in the playoffs...except for the anointed punishers. As for the rest of the league, since we only have the Cowboys to root for now, let's give out some superlatives.
Most likely to Change his given name to Rangel: Logan Urbina
Most likely to forget his team name: Ramiro Vela
Best Team Name with a star player who barely played this year and was associated with a Star Wars Film: O.B. 1-3 Kenobi Jr.
Most likely to have a Tom Brady Poster in their bedroom: Nittla Time
Most Likely to be last place again next year: Team Sharkfield
Any I left out? Let me know