More of steven's story
Steven is the husband of his beautiful wife Lisa, who he married in 1995. He is the father of four children: Morgan, Nathan, Casey, and Micah. Pastor Parker is passionate about building community in the kingdom of God: worshiping Christ together with God’s people, developing a sense of spiritual kinship among diverse people, and ministering alongside others to serve “the least of these” in the name of Jesus.
A few things you might not know about our pastor and his family:
- Steven and Lisa Parker are Rio Grande Valley natives and were high school sweethearts, graduating from Lyford High School together in 1994.
- The Parkers now enjoy sharing Lowery Dyer’s famous chocolate pie and binge watching their DVR programs and favorite Netflix shows.
- The Parker family loves the Dallas Cowboys and the San Antonio Spurs.
- Pastor Parker is the second longest tenured pastor in the history of First Baptist Church Weslaco.
- The Parkers are active in Weslaco and throughout the Mid Valley.
- They serve together on the Rio Grande Valley Livestock Show Gala Committee and Lisa is a member of the Hidalgo County 4-H Foundation Board for youth scholarships.
- They can often be found cheering at little league games, swim meets, and other local sporting events.
- Steven’s favorite pastime is his work establishing their small backyard rabbitry, raising meat pen bunnies for his kids’ livestock show projects.